Friday, April 26, 2019

Week 1 in Barcelona

St. Paul's school is amazing! The campus is so beautiful and everyone that I have encountered is extremely friendly and helpful. From what I have seen/heard thus far, the education system at this particular school is not really that much different from the education system in the US as far as curriculum goes. There are some differences which I will explain in my next post once I have had more opportunities to observe students and conduct lessons. The school as a whole seems very relaxed. The school day is very long (8:45-4:30), but the teachers/students take many breaks throughout the day. They have breakfast/playtime from 10-10:30, lunch/playtime from 12-1:30 and snack/playtime from 3-3:30. I haven't seen any teachers frantic or in a rush for anything. They all seem very relaxed. The Spanish culture in general seems very relaxed. All the students seem to be fairly well-behaved, and there is not a big problem with tattling like there has been in the elementary schools I have been at in the US. I am excited for the rest of my days at St. Paul's!

1 comment:

  1. BreeAnn, I am glad you have had a good beginning in Spain and hope your experience continues to be a great one. If you are on Twitter, tag me @WKUmartin so we can celebrate your time there. WKU is proud of you!

    ReplyDelete