Thursday, April 18, 2019

Pre-Departure Thoughts

I am just four days away from departure and I am beyond excited. I still do not think it has hit me that I am actually leaving the country. I am also feeling quite nervous, as I have never been out of the country before, and I have never been farther than one hour away from my family for a time period of two and a half weeks. I am most looking forward to seeing a new country and experiencing a different culture. I am also eager to learn about the education system in Spain. Through researching Barcelona, I have come to expect a city full of rich culture and art. It looks so beautiful! I have also looked into the school. I expect it to be an extremely nice campus. I also expect that teachers will have high expectations for their students. I feel as though the students will be more motivated than the students I have worked with in the United States. In my experience, students in the US do not pay close attention to detail and just hurry through assignments as fast as they can. I am expecting students in Spain to be very hard-working. I read that these students are trilingual, so that alone tells me these students are most likely hard-working. 

Adjusting to the new schedule will be a challenge. Due to the jet-lag, I know that I will probably be pretty tired, and I feel as though I will be most of the trip due to student teaching and exploring the city. It will also be very hard to be in a foreign place with girls that I am only acquaintances with. However, I know that we will form a strong group and that we will help each other with anything. This experience is going to be amazing, and I expect to benefit greatly from it. I hope to gain new ideas and perspectives regarding teaching and curriculum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment